Monday, October 5, 2009

Spirit of Survival Half Marathon


Sunday morning, bright and early in the rain and cold, my sister, her husband Will and myself ran 6.55 miles into the Wildlife Refuge up many hills, and 6.55 miles back! It was a much better half marathon than the previous one in Boulder and our results were much better! I posted just over 1:52 and am quite happy with that, and finished in the top 25% overall! It was great having Bill and the kids at then top of this last hill (in picture) to cheer me on the final tenth, it was a killer hill right at mile 13! I am already looking to my next half marathon to do even better (crazy yes, and I NEVER thought I would utter those words!). I am so happy that both half marathons are over, and I get a few days off, but also very proud that I completed both of them with good results!
For more pictures of the whole weekend including Lillian's race follow the link below:

No comments:

Post a Comment