Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Home From Colorado.......


As you can see the kids thoroughly enjoyed themselves at Auntie Allison's and Uncle Will's!! Especially in their dogs crate =o) We had a great time visiting and getting away for a few days. The half marathon was an interesting event, and a very good learning experience. Aside from the uncontrollable elements (temperature began at 85 and by the end of the race was 90!) and the road, which I didn't know was a dirt/gravel road almost like running on sand in some parts, which I was not conditioned for, and of course the altitude (which I knew about!); this was also NOT a flat course but had more hills than I would like to remember!! That all beign said the race was not run well, but that is on the promoters and organizers, and with all those things we all did really well!! I came in just over 2 hours at 2:01 and am very happy with that for my first half marathon. I am also very happy to have another chance in just over a week and a half, and should have a much better experience with that one (never thought I would say those words!)!

No comments:

Post a Comment