Sunday, September 6, 2009

USMC Devil Dog 10k Run


Saturday morning the kids, Bill and I ventured onto base for the annual race the Marine Detachment puts on aboard Fort Sill. Bill graciously pushed the kids in the double jogger so I could put my 110% effort into the race. He was my pace car and set a pretty fast pace, but we kept it and I finished with a personal best and was able to reach a personal goal finishing with a time of 47:54!! I also finished 4th female overall (running against other Marines and Soldiers) and 4th female in my age group. So, I am super happy. This is a picture of the final sprint to the finish compliments of a good friend of ours who had already finished her 5k. Now we are gearing up for our half martathon in Boulder Colorado in less than two weeks!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment